Getting to Bohinj
Bohinj is easily reachable by Car, by Bus or by Train. There is only one hour drive from Ljubljana Airport to your holiday destination. 2 hours from Trieste, 3 hours from Udine, Venice or Zagreb and 4 hours from Vienna. You can reach Bohinj from London in less than 4 hours.
Bohinj is 25 km away from Motorway A2 (Karavanke-Ljubljana-Obrežje). Take the exit Bled and continue through Bled in direction Bohinj. In Bohinjska Bistrica drive right to Ribčev Laz (6 km) and direction Ukanc (4 km). Pass Hotel Zlatorog and drive across the Bridge (250 m) to the second house on the left site to Hotel & Villa Stare.
GPS Coordinates of Hotel & Villa Stare:
- Latitude N46° 16' 58"
- Longitude E13° 49' 37"
Distances and aproximate travel time
- Ljubljana: 80 km, 1 hour
- International Airport Ljubljana (Jože Pučnik): 55 km, 50 min
- Austrian border (Karavanke): 45 km, 40 min
- Italian border (Rateče): 65 km, 1 hour
We have a regular bus connection from all parts of Slovenia. From Ljubljana Airport or from Ljubljana take the bus to Kranj - Bled - Bohinjska bistrica - Bohinj Zlatorog. Hotel & Villa Stare is located only 250 m from the bus station Bohinj Zlatorog.
Bohinj is reachable by Train from Jesenice or Nova Gorica. Take the train to Bohinjska Bistrica and from there take the bus (Bohinj Zlatorog) or taxi (12 km) to Hotel & Villa Stare.
There are a number of airlines flying to Ljubljana airport (Jože Pučnik) and nearby airports in Austria, Italy and Croatia.
- Ljubljana Airport: 55 km, 50 min
- Klagenfurt Airport (A): 105 km, 1,5 hours
- Trieste Airport (I): 115 km, 2 hours
- Venice Airport (I): 215 km, 2,5 hours
- Zagreb Airport (CRO): 225 km, 2,5 hours
- Graz Airport (A): 230 km, 2,5 hours
- Salzburg Airport (A): 255 km, 3 hours
- Vienna Airport (A): 430 km, 5 hours
For comparing flights and prices us Flight Search Engine